Hong Kong International Airport Picks Aconex for Three Runway System
The new 3RS project, valued at HK$141.5 billion (A$24.4 billion), is part of the HKIA Master Plan 2030 published by the AAHK in 2011 and is intended to balance economic development with environmental conservation and sustainability. Aconex was awarded the 3RS project in an open tender process (for more information please see the following link; http://www.abnnewswire.net/lnk/0886CKN6).
The AAHK will use Aconex as a 'project communication system' to connect the entire project team on a single collaboration platform for managing information and processes through all phases of the project lifecycle.
Project Scope Comparable to a New Airport
The scope of the 3RS project approaches the design and construction of a new airport:
- Reclamation of approximately 650 hectares of land north of the existing airport island, using non-dredge methods such as a deep cement mixing technique
- A new 3,800-metre runway and supporting taxiway systems, as well as reconfiguration of the existing north runway
- A Third Runway Passenger Building with more than 280,000 square metres of floor space, 57 new parking spaces, and an apron
- Expansion of the existing Terminal 2 to provide arrival, departure and other passenger services
- A new 2,600-metre Automated People Mover (APM) system connecting Terminal 2 with the new passenger building and capable of transporting up to 10,800 passengers her hour
- A new Baggage Handling System (BHS) linking Terminal 2 with the new Third Runway Passenger Building
- Construction of other associated airport support infrastructure, a road network and transportation facilities.
On completion of the 3RS project, HKIA will be able to serve 30 million more passengers annually, as forecasted in the HKIA Master Plan 2030. As a point of comparison, the airport had served 68.5 million passengers and handled 4.38 million tonnes of cargo and 406,000 air traffic movements in 2015. The master plan accommodates further expansion of the passenger building facilities in the future, as needed.
"The 3RS project is a strategic addition to our portfolio of large airport projects around the world," said Andy Lake, general manager of Asia at Aconex. "We appreciate the opportunity to support the AAHK and its project team on an environmentally sustainable infrastructure development that will have significant positive impact on the economic and business environment of Hong Kong."
For more information on the 3RS at HKIA, please see:
#1 Platform for Airport Construction
Other major airport projects served by Aconex in recent years include Changi Airport in Singapore, Denver International Airport, Dubai International Airport, El Dorado International Airport in Bogota, Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi, King Khaled International Airport in Riyadh, King Shaka International Airport in Durban, Saint Helena International Airport, Tocumen International Airport in Panama City, and the state capital city airports in Australia.
To view the release, please visit:
About Aconex Ltd
Aconex Limited (ASX:ACX) project collaboration solution digitally connects owners, builders and other teams, providing complete visibility and management of data, documents and costs across all stages of a construction project lifecycle. The Aconex cloud-based solution has been used to manage over $1 trillion in projects across 70,000 user organisations in over 70 countries. The company’s ordinary shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the ticker code ACX and are included in the S&P/ASX 200 Index.
For more information on Aconex, please visit:
- Website: http://www.aconex.com
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/aconex
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aconex
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aconex